Dining at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington

   You know how most amusement parks have overpriced food that is disgusting? Six Flags in

Arlington has overpriced food that is actually pretty delicious. They have decent variety there, and I

haven’t tasted much there that I don’t like. You can enjoy classic American food, pizza, a healthy meal,

ice cream and other yummies, and even Asian food. Here are a few of my favorites:

   Arlington is a big city filled with lots of restaurants. One of my favorite is Johnny Rockets, located

right across from the Harley Quinn ride in Gotham City. First off it’s away from the hot sun, and takes

a load off your feet with comfortable seating. Nevermind the cute fifties diner theme. I adore the retro

decor and the smell of greasy food and sweet milkshakes. They serve classic diner food-burgers,

shakes, fries, and sodas. You can get the best chocolate shake you’ve ever tasted, mouthwatering onion

rings (though I suggest a mint or a stick of gum afterwards), and my very favorite meal ever, their

superior chicken strips with honey mustard. The only business that rivals with Johnny Rockets’

chicken strips is Whataburger. Another place that serves similar food is the All American Cafe. While

their theme is not half as cute, they do have more variety, Along with burgers and fries they serve

pizza, cheese bread (an absolute must try at the Six Flags park), and salads, too. Both restaurants are

very well air conditioned and are worth visiting for that factor alone, just besides the delicious food.

   Speaking of salads if you’re wanting some healthier options, Go Fresh Cafe is the place to be. They

will serve you flatbread sandwiches, pita sandwiches, and several different salads. JB’s Smokehouse

Barbecue also has some healthy options. JB’s Smokehouse Barbecue is one of my favorites due to

their slammin’ BBQ brisket and smoked turkey legs. They will also serve refreshing Coca-Cola

products. I love, love, love barbecue, and if you do too, you should definitely give JB’s a shot.

   Italian food and Chinese food is pretty delicious, no questions asked. Thankfully, Six Flags has both.

As a middle schooler I spent many days at Six Flags (especially during Holiday in the Park, as I am a

gigantic Christmas nerd). One of my fondest memories was at Primo’s Pizzeria. It was freezing cold

outside, so cold I felt my toes might fall off. My friends agreed and we headed for shelter in one of the

more inconspicuous restaurants at Six Flags in Arlington. I nearly cried when I bit into the warm pizza.

It was delicious and it was hot. Maybe I’m biased from my spiritual experience, but I know that

Primo’s is definitely delicious. Do yourself a favor and go. Another spot that I loved to visit at Six

Flags is Panda Express. Can you say yum? Holy cow, it’s heavenly. And for some reason, it just tastes

better after walking in the park for so long and working up an appetite.

   Finally there are two snacks you simply can’t go without if you go to the amusement park. The first

one is your classic funnel cake. It’s okay to eat at Six Flags because you basically walk off all the

calories you ate from that other worldly dessert. Even if you don’t walk it off though, I can’t imagine

regretting eating the food equivalent of paradise (can you tell I’m passionate about funnel cake?).

Finally, you must try a Pink Thing. It’s basically a pink ice cream push pop, it tastes so good it makes

your eyes water, and Six Flags is very proud of their Pink Things. Try one. The guys at Fireman

Roofing love them! http://www.roofrescuecontracting.com

 Hope you enjoy your food at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington.

Comments